Quality Plus Solutions LLC (QPS) is the leading professional firm conducting behavioral health care risk assessments of organizations throughout the United States. The assessment process is professionally planned, organized, and conducted to meet your specific needs based on your scope of services.
It is widely held that an independent, external consultant is the best resource to assess your organizational behavioral health risk. Having a comprehensive risk assessment conducted by a consultant will identify the current benchmarks of your organization’s risk exposures, patient safety, and quality of care. In addition, the assessment will provide you with best practice solutions to resolve your risk, safety, and quality improvement issues. In order to ensure continuous risk mitigation and quality of services, a risk assessment is recommended every two years. Typically, a behavioral health risk assessment includes:
- Assessment of the organization’s commitment to quality, adherence to best practice standards, and degree of risk aversion
- Identification of risk exposures in the treatment environment based on a tour of the setting
- Review of methods used to report incidents, identify sentinel events, and to monitor and track quality care, safety, and risk exposure
- Review of methodology used in communication and chain of command
- Review of Human Resources and Education: Personnel files, orientation, staff competencies, and staff development program
- Review of current policies and procedures and compliance with standards of care
- Review of quality, safety, and risk management data and minutes
- Review of the results of the latest Joint Commission, CARF, or Medicaid/Medicaid review or survey
- Interviews with executive clinical and administrative team, clinical educators, direct care nursing staff, social services, program directors, attending staff physicians, pharmacist, and security personnel
- Review of high risk clinical presentations: suicide,restraint & seclusion, elopement, aggression, contraband, AMA, etc…
- Medication management review
- Medical records review
The organization is provided with a comprehensive report that includes risk areas, findings, and recommendations and a CD-ROM of valuable resources and reference material. QPS believes that we can be a valuable consultancy partner with your organization in your risk mitigation and quality improvement efforts and have the track record to prove it!